Benefits of Sunflower Seeds
- Sunflower seeds have anti-inflammatory properties, so lower down risk factors linked to many chronic diseases.
- The abundance of minerals and vitamins supports a person’s immune system and increases their ability to fight diseases and viruses.
- Sunflower seeds improve your energy levels, whereas other nutrients help keep you active throughout the day.
- Sunflower seeds are a high source of selenium antioxidants and zinc.
- The fiber content of sunflower seeds also decreases toxic levels of LDL cholesterol in the blood.
- The presence of oleic and linoleic acid alongside low saturated fats and sodium levels help lower blood pressure. This effect is important in protecting your body from cardiovascular diseases.
- Patients with type2 diabetes mellitus can safely consume the seeds knowing that they aid in reducing blood sugar levels.